Details of Journeyman Class
Date & Time:
March 11 9am -1pm
March 18 9am -1pm
April 8 9am -1pm
April 15 9am -3pm (review and exam will be in the afternoon)
Class begins at 9am and will go to 1pm with one break.
USC Lancaster Campus
476 Hubbard Dr., Lancaster, SC 29720
History of Bees and Man & Nomenclature
Anatomy and Physiology
Pollination/Parts of a Flower/Pollen and Nectar Plants
Pesticides/Pesticide Labels/Proper Application
Diseases & Pests
Written Exam and Practical Exam
The 2015 edition of The Hive and The Honeybee, published by Dadant, is required for this class.
What you can to bring to class....
- Your favorite note taking notebook with paper
- Water Bottle & Snacks for yourself (optional)
- Bring your Textbook-The Hive and The Honey Bee
- Electronic Tablet or laptop (optional)
- Bring what you need to make you feel comfortable
- You may audio or video record each session. (recordings are not for redistribution)
Want to audit the Class?
You can audit the class at the same price as someone taking the class.
Class Schedule of Topics and Teachers
Other teachers will be announced
Please go to the Event Registration page to sign up for the class.